2011年1月19日星期三

How Replica Handbag Designer Dareen Hakim Left Wall Street and Hasn't Looked Back

Imagine working for one of the most successful beauty companies in the world and imagine choosing to give it all up at the height of the financial crisis.replica handbag cheap  A risky move, one that handbag designer Dareen Hakim says it was all worth it.   is only over a year old, and at least half of her debut bags have already appeared on almost every shopping gift guide editorial since the spring.
I recently met Hakim at a charity event and was so inspired, not just by her beautiful and unique clutches (I'm a proud owner of her clutch) but also her courage to leave the stability she's known for almost ten years in the corporate world to pursue her passion for fine Italian leather and authentic Arabian metal. replica handbag chane She molded those two things into the one thing we women don't want to live without... our



Below, Hakim tells me about her previous life on Wall Street, the challenges of launching a new business in one of the most competitive industires, and the power of customization. I've wanted to start a business of my own and be entrepreneurial, for as long as I can remember.
replica handbag chanel,When I finished college, some of the key disciplines that people were learning at that earlier stage were finance on Wall Street. And for me it was a natural way to enter corporate America. So after five years in banking, private equity and business dev/strategic roles, I felt like I had learned enough to attempt my venture into starting something of my own. I wanted to take my skills and apply them to a business that I could wake up every morning excited and passion about. Transitioning out of finance is not easy though, so I thought the best way was to go to business school and use that as my launching pad into a new industry... fashion. I never really thought I could merge my love for fashion into a serious business and career. But I didn't give up on the possibility.replica handbag coach So when I found an opportunity to work at L'Oréal, I thought wow, this is a really established global company, a marketing vehicle, and a way to learn brand management from the best as training for a fashion brand. I spent two very key and educational years at L'Oreal and felt ready. Aside from the economic situation, I felt it was the right time for me personally. I had been working on my bags so felt like my product was ready, I had my vision ready, I had everything set to go and I thought who knows how long this [economic downturn] is going to take. If I can make it during this time, knock on wood, I'll be able to make it through the better times.

<>
Dareen Hakim

没有评论:

发表评论